Greenfield’s biggest community beautification project is fast approaching. Each year for over 20 years, the Beautification Committee selects a site to celebrate the day. In the past, Arbor Day celebrations have “greened” schools, parks and highway median strips among others.
This year they will host the event at the new Brookside Meadow Park, an area that features a playground and nature area with parking on-site. The location is on South Root River Parkway just west of Forest Home Ave (enter about 9200 west) and south of the river.
Here’s how you can help! Trees are available for adoption and will be planted by volunteers at the event. Each entire tree is $195 although any amount can be made towards a tree or scrub. (Tree order forms are available on the Committee website: GBCINFO.ORG).
The program includes a presentation on Greenfield’s Tree City designation and a planting demonstration by the city forester. The mayor, aldermen and tree adoptees will help plant the annual ceremonial tree.
So come join the fun! Everyone’s invited! Bring a shovel, gloves and lots of civic energy and help make Greenfield a little greener!
Greenfield’s Arbor Day Celebration
Saturday May 3rd, 2014
Brookside Meadow Park
4995 South Root River Parkway
- JB’s on 41 Raises Funds in August for Brightening Veterans Lives (BVL) Charity
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- Welcome Pokemon Go Players
- TAPAS & FLAMENCO GUITARIST D'Arez
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale