If you're looking for fine-crafted houses that are "for the birds" ---artist Alan Buss of Grafton will be happy to sell you some.
Seeking the unique? Elm Grove resident Fred Ericksen is destined to create plenty of sustained "buzz" with his own "bee house" creations.
"The birds and the bees" are just two of the many themes set to delight visitors at the Elm Grove Woman's Club's annual arts and crafts show: "Springtime in the Grove" on Saturday, March 27 and Sunday, March 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days at 13885 Watertown Plank Road, Elm Grove.
Local artists also participating in this popular fund-raising event include:
Wauwatosa: Michael Wollet (chalkware); Penny Stark (mosaics, antiques);
Scott Rondeau (candy bouquet); Krista Bavinka (jewelry)
New Berlin: Cathy Frye (quilts)
Menomonee Falls: JoAnne Kopischke (jewelry); Annalies Gebert (gourds)
West Allis: Susan McLaughlin (ink on glass); Lynne Rubin (raku pottery);
Cookie Burgert (scarves)
Franklin: Kim Nowak (folk art); Toni Anspach (yard art)
Greenfield: Maria Kurtz (folk art); Karen Peltier (English toffee); Stan Drida
(watercolors); Cathy Adamas (jewelry & bags); Earlean Kurtin (gourds)
Sussex: Debbie Prince (jewelry)
Mukwonago: Ursala McCarthy (clothing)
Delafield: Victoria Patterson (candles)
Hartford: Cathy Zivkovich (pillows)
Waterford: Pam Talsky (baskets)
Admission is $3. Call the Elm Grove Woman's Club at (262) 782-5930 for more information.
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Fill the Bus to be held August 6
- Wii Olympics for Adults at Brookfield Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator